So I had a google doc petition
But I decided to make an official petition on an official site to make it easier.
The purpose of this petition is to show animazement staff that a number of people would love Reika to not only come to the United States again, but to also come to our convention specifically. If she did, that would mean it’s her first time being on the east coast of the United States and so many people would be glad to meet her I’m sure! She has only been to two US conventions from what I know, and she has expressed her interest in coming to more of our conventions as a whole!
Please take a look at this and sign if you want to!
If you don’t want to sign please reblog to help get the word out!
me in math class
this is fucked up. this fucked me up. the teachers fucked up by not showing us this fuck up. fuck.
i’m 28 and never knew this
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.
These are probably some of the most powerful pictures I’ve ever seen and some hit close to home.
*how to spawn demons: a beginner’s guide to chemistry
Want to attend college for free? It can happen if you learn German.
All German universities are now free to Americans and all other international students. The last German state to charge tuition at its universities struck down the fees this week.
Even before Germany abolished college tuition for all students, the price was a steal. Typically semester fees were around $630. What’s more, German students receive many perks including discounts for food, clothing and events, as well as inexpensive or even free transportation.
In explaining why Germany made this move, Dorothee Stapelfeldt, a Hamburg senator, called tuition fees “unjust” and added that “they discourage young people who do not have a traditional academic family background from taking up study. It is a core task of politics to ensure that young women and men can study with a high quality standard free of charge in Germany.”
Actually, German universities were free up until 2006 when they started charging tuition. That triggered such a crush of criticism that German states began phasing out this policy. Lower Saxony was the last holdout.
It’s too bad that politicians in the U.S. don’t feel that a college education is worth supporting appropriately. State aid to the nation’s public universities took a nosedive during the 2008 recession and education funding remains well below those levels. The average state is spending 23 percent less per student than before the recession, according to a report by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
Actually, state support has been declining for public universities for a quarter of a century. Using an interactive tool from The Chronicle of Higher Education, you can see how state government subsidies have cratered at individual institutions.
With the average undergrad borrower now leaving school with more than $29,000 in debt, the free ride in Germany can look awfully tempting.
How to handle the language barrier
German is not an easy language to learn. Fortunately, however, there are international language programs in Germany, which have become very popular with international students before they tackle obtaining a degree in a different language.
What’s more, an increasing number of German universities are offering degrees in English. These are often called international studies programs or in some other way have the word international in their title.
This is actually making me cry…it’s one of those times when you realize that your own government just truly, honestly, does not give a shit about your wellbeing in any way.
Studio Ghibli Umbrella
William Shakespeare, everyone’s heard of him. You’d have to be stuck in a cave on Mars with your eyes and ears closed shut to not of heard of him.Adaptations of original works
R O M E O A N D J U L I E T || [read]
H A M L E T || [read]
- Hamlet (2000)
O T H E L L O || [read]
- Othello (1995)
A M I D S U M M E R ’ S N I G H T D R E A M || [read]
- Were the World Mine (2008)
- A Midsummer’s Night Rave (2002)
- Get Over It (2001)
- A Midsummer’s Night Dream (1999)
M A C B E T H || [read]
T H E T W O G E N T L E M E N O F V E R O N A || [read]
- A Spray of Plum Blossoms (1931)
T H E T E M P E S T || [read]
- The Tempest (2010)
T H E T A M I N G O F T H E S H R E W || [read]
K I N G L E A R || [read]
- King Lear (1971)Other works that I couldn't find adaptations for
- Antony and Cleopatra
- Julius Caesar
- Timon of Athens
- Titus Andronicus
- Troilus and CressidaInspired by Shakespeare
- Warm Bodies (2013)
- Isi Life Mein! (2010)
- Hamlet the Vampire Slayer (2008)
- Hamlet 2 (2008)
- She’s the Man (2006)
- The Last King of Scotland (2006)
- Pizza My Heart (2005)
- King of Texas (2002)
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
- Shakespeare in Love (1998)
- Tromeo and Juliet (1996)
- The Lion King (1994)
- Prospero’s Books (1991)
- China Girl (1986)
- Tempest (1982)
- West Side Story (1961)
I AM SORRY BUT THIS IS WHY I AM EMBARRASSED TO BE AN AMERICAN. IF A HIJAB THAT DORNS THE AMERICAN FLAG PATTERN IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BUT SKIMPY ASS BIKINIS OR WEARING THE FUCKING ACTUAL FLAG IS ACCEPTABLE, JUST BECAUSE THE PERSON IS WHITE, I WANT TO FUCKING THROW UP.
(I don’t have a thing against Audrey Kitching, she was just merely and example).
But this fucking disgusts me right here. It makes me want to say, fuck this country and its racism and double standards.
I LITERALLY FUCKING CAN NOT
Give her a bullet to the head for walking down the street, minding her own business?? And they think SHE’S the terrorist.
^bolding for emphasis.
Okay trigger warning all of these comments are incredibly violent, but my god. I’m ashamed.
Don’t fucking ignore this.
wow…. those comments. man wtf is wrong with people
I cried reading these comments… the ignorance is overwhelming.